Ravensbourne University London
Ravensbourne University London has a worldwide reputation for innovation in digital media and design. The organisation has a core team of researchers, and an emerging research culture that focuses on applied research and knowledge exchange.
The Research Office is actively developing the research environment at Ravensbourne in preparation for submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) of 2020. We support and coordinate research projects from our academic staff and also mentor them in the ways and means of creating successful funding bids with strong outcomes and impact. The Research Office staff are also engaged in their own research and we develop this in parallel to our other activities.
Our strategic priorities include:
· Innovation and knowledge exchange in the creative industries
· Applied research in digital design and media
· Working with technology and culture
· Encouraging creative interdisciplinary activity
· Growing Ravensbourne’s research culture
Particular areas of research focus include:
· Augmented and Virtual Reality for learning
· Smart Cities and urban design
· Wearable technologies
· New filming and narrative technologies
· Novel materials and production techniques
We currently host 3 EU-funded projects:
Research networks and institutions linked to Ravensbourne university London are:
The Consortium for Research Excellence, CREST (part of GuildHE); the Culture Capital Exchange (TCCE); the National Association for Fine Art education (NAFAE); ImmerseUK; Cambridge Wireless; InnovateUK; Birkbeck University of London; Coventry University; University College London;
and the Computer Arts Society.
London Higher Europe Contact:
Dr Nicholas Lambert, Director of Research
+44 (0)780 872 5141